The building of Parisiana Cabaret was designed by one of the greatest architects of the time, Béla Lajta in a mixture of art nouveau and art deco styles, and was completed in 1909. The facade was covered with Carrara marble, the doors were covered with aluminium (a very new material at that time), while red copper cherubs watched the street's quietness from the battlements inspired by North Hungarian renaissance. Based on plans by László Vágó (the younger one of the Vágó brothers), a neo-baroque-empire style theatre hall was erected in 1921. During the '50s and '60s, the facade was completely demolished, replaced by a steel and glass curtain wall. The reconstruction of the building was the first significant work of this kind of the Tamás K?nig - Péter Wagner office. Since then, they have taken part in the reconstruction of several important buildings, including the classicist Károlyi Palace or the Otto Wagner-designed Rumbach Sebestyén street synagogue. The building, renamed New Theatre (Új Színház) is a mixture of different ages and styles: the facade was renewed based on Lajta's original plans and archive photographs, using original materials. The theater hall conserves the 1921 status, as designed by Vágó. The newly constructed, multi-level hall was inspired by art deco, and makes a harmonic connection between the two older ages. The Parisiana's reasoned reconstruction was one of high significance - yet, the building is not a protected monument, as the whole facade is the result of a reconstruction.