The area of Erzsébet square, one of the greater parks of the Belváros district occupying a block-size plot of land, is dominated by the Danubius fountain. The fountain, made in 1880, symbolizes Hungary's main rivers at the time. It was transposed to its actual location from Kálvin square after World War II. The replanning of this part of the square took place at the same time as the design of the Gödör Club and Cultural Center on the other side of the former bus station, but it was years before the realization began. Instead of the old, promiscuous walkways, the new boardwalks were formed according to the axes used by pedestrians. By uprooting the decades-old, sprawled undergrowth, the park became clearer and more limpid. This impression is intensified by the lightsome, modern street furniture and the bright, natural revetments. The supplementary functions such as the playground, sports-ground, chessboard-tables and dogwalks were placed along the edge of the park. The contemporary design of Erzsébet square?s reconstruction is also remarkable because it counterbalances the practice of placing historical-looking street furniture (lamps, benches etc.) seen in most of the inner city as reminiscence to the old shapes.